End of August, September, October, November, and December 2012
Not productive months for KICKS...
End of July 2012
Found & fixed a couple of minor 'golden' bugs; posted to forum along with 'upload history'.
End of June 2012
Posted 'Golden' 1.4.1 rc2 to Yahoo KICKS forum.
End of May 2012
Some last minute additions to rc2 of the 'Golden' version. Mostly documentation and clean up of the example programs. Also keyboard locking default changed from always unlocked to program control (via FREEKB) with a SIT parameter to allow legacy KICKS operational feel.
End of April 2012
Worked on a set of bug fixes and minor enhancements.
End of March 2012
Posted 1.4.0 for CMS & TSO.
- Release candidate for a the first 'golden' version of KICKS. 'Golden' will be a feature frozen version for free use; non-expiring, with relaxed license allowing redistribution
- Relaxed requirement for coding LENGTH/FLENGTH/KEYLENGTH/etc in API functions
- Mapgen support for DSATTS & MAPATTS in addition to current support for EXTATT.
- Sign on screen 'help' functionality
- API test suite completed
- and the initial release for VM/CMS
End of February 2012
Completed VSE/VSAM testing on a VM/ESA system. This was the last VSE/VSAM IBM sold for VM, so I'm confident KICKS will work with this VSAM installed on more modern z/VM systems as well.
End of January 2012
Posted "Taste of the coming KICKS 1.4.0 release" (CMS version only).
Worked on web site updates to reflect addition of CMS version.
Found a site with the most current version of VSE/VSAM installed on VM, so have resumed effort to get KICKS CMS vsam support running there too...